COOKING DIRECTIONS:Preparation Time: 12 minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 minutes, Serves 4
- 8 oz (250 g) Ontario Corn Fed Marinating Steak
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry sherry or rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ( 1 to 2 mL) red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large Ontario Onion, cut in chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced Ontario Carrots
- 12 fresh Ontario Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, cut in chunks
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Slice beef into thin strips In bowl, combine 1 tbsp (15 mL) each of the soy Sauce and cornstarch with sherry and garlic Stir in beef Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining soy sauce, cornstarch and red pepper flakes; stir in water Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil in large frying pan or wok over high heat.
- Add beef mixture and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan Add onion and carrots; stir-fry 3 minutes Add mushrooms; stir-fry 3 minutes longer.
- Add beef and soy sauce mixture to pan.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens Add tomato and continue cooking until tomato is hot.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutritional Information :
- PROTEIN: 18 grams
- FAT: 14.5 grams
- CARBOHYDRATES: 13 grams
- CALORIES: 255